Thursday, January 20, 2011

Another Snow Day

More snow rolled through Kansas last night and we received at least 7" overnight.  It took Steve two hours to get home from the airport when it should have taken 45 minutes.  He got home at 9:00 pm at spent an hour outside shoveling the driveway so he could get to work this morning.  He even took a beer out with him to keep him company.  When he came back in at 10:00, he put his beer glass on the counter--it was half full and there was ice on top.  It's going to take us a while to get used to this weather.

Here's some pictures of the boys helping me recover an ottoman that my friend Peyton picked up for me a furniture resale place.  I loved the fabric, but it was looking a little worn.  I happen to find the exact same fabric at Hancock's.  

                                                        Here's the ottoman before picture: 

My two little helpers:



                                                             Hudson in his thinking cap:
      
                                                                      Ottoman after:

     It's not a major difference, but I prefer the after color to the original faded gray color.  
Now to bundle up my little helpers and head out to play in the snow!

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you stayed with that fabric. It is so cool and current.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My comments are showing now. I knew I could do it if I just put my mind to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ottoman looks great! I had no idea you were so crafty and handy!? Where were these hidden talents in Allen? I'm so glad you started a blot. I'm looking forward to keep up!

    ReplyDelete