Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Blizzard of 2011

I hope this is the only time this year that I can use a blog title with the word blizzard in it.  We are officially snowed in and will probably be stuck inside until Thursday.  It's supposed to be -5 tomorrow.  How did I get here again?

We had another visitor this morning.  There was a coyote in our backyard, just a few yards from the house.  Poor guy looked pretty cold.


Since it's a snow day, I went to Michael's yesterday to get some supplies for house projects.  I'm not a scrapbooker, but I stumbled across some Amy Butler scrapbook paper and had to buy it.  Some of the paper prints were replicas from her fabric prints.


I had this old tray laying around and sprayed it green last week.  



I used two sheets of AB's scrapbook paper and Mod Podge and this is what I got:


I have no idea where it's going to go, but I'll find a home for it.  I used MP under the scrapbook paper and then two layers of MP on top.  If your scrapbook paper is thin, use spray adhesive or even glue stick under it and then a couple of layers of MP on top. 

Here are some shots from our kitchen window.  It's blurry because massive amounts of snow are blowing across the house.  Current temp is 17, but feels like -2.  



1 comment:

  1. Love the tray, hate the snow and fear the coyote. Makes for quite the nostalgic photo though. So I've never been a fan of modge podge but am thinking of giving it another try. Did you do it under and over the paper on the tray like you did the drawer? It always wrinkles on me, did you have to weigh it down on this one too? I have tons of cute scrapbook papers to use for these kinds of projects and to frame...now I want amy butler too.

    ReplyDelete