Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Blizzard of Oz

I stole that line from someone on the news.  It's still snowing cats and coyotes here and we're having another snow day.  I had another craft project to tackle, so I put the boys to work at their own craft project. Not really, I just gave them each a bowl full of pony beads from the dollar store.  They strung them on some cord, then took them off, then restrung them again.




Meanwhile, I needed something for a big blank wall in our breakfast nook.  I wanted to put up wallpaper on one of the walls, but I've heard that can be a beating.  Instead I opted for a blank canvas with a quatrefoil pattern on it.  I downloaded the stencil pattern from The CSI Project and then used my cricut to cut it out on stencil paper I picked up at Hobby Lobby.  If you don't own a cricut, you can buy wall stencils at Hobby Lobby.  My HL didn't have a pattern I liked, plus they were $20+ and I only had one coupon that was going toward my canvas.  Stencil paper was only $4 and I spent $14 on my canvas.  Here's how it went down:


My stencil was only 12"x12"--so this took a while.  I also used cheap acrylic paint, so I had to go back over it three times.  Next time I'll use better quality paint.   


I was happy with the end result and plan on hanging it over a buffet in our breakfast nook.  More pictures to come after I hang and decorate around it.  

3 comments:

  1. That is fabulous! I am so impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Julie:
    I love all your great projects. I wish you would come to my house and do some!
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who are you and what did you do with Julie? I wish I had known about all this talent in Texas! I could have been a great student! Love love love the canvas art you did!

    ReplyDelete