Saturday, February 5, 2011

Cheap and Easy Baby Gift

First of all, thanks to those of you that have left comments on my blog.  I love reading them.  I'm on a roll lately with projects because we're still up to our elbows in snow.

One of my best friends is pregnant with her first baby and I wanted to make her a baby gift.  They don't know the gender yet, so I had to stick with a gender neutral gift.  My friend and her husband are very cool and into all kinds of music.  I thought some rock band onesies would be appropriate.



So ... I picked up some iron-on transfer paper at Hobby Lobby.


I discovered this stuff last year when I tried to find USA soccer shirts for the boys during the World Cup.  I couldn't find shirts in toddler sizes, so I made my own.  You just download the image onto your computer and then print it out onto the transfer paper with a laser printer.  If your image has any writing on it, you have to reverse the image before printing.  Then iron it on your shirt or onesie.

I downloaded some band logos and ironed them on onesies.  It was really inexpensive and took about twenty minutes.  


Okay, looking at them all together, it looks more like a gift for a boy.  Oops.  I'll just have to make her some coordinating bloomers or skirts if she has a girl.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I love these. Super cute! You are making my brain explode with fabulous ideas. You are so incredibly creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also just discovered Habitat Restore in Mckinney and Looooove it. Just bought curtain rods for $3. Love the window mirror idea. I too hate a cluttered mantle. I find using a few larger pieces is better than many small things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wrote my comment on the wrong post...you know I love the baby rock onesies too. A tutu would girl them right up...I love baby girls in tutus. Crying...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, what a cute idea! I have a baby shower in a few weeks and that would be perfect. I need to find out what kind of music they like!

    ReplyDelete