Monday, February 28, 2011

Simple Silhouettes

On my quest for new wall art, I came across several blogs that posted tutorials for silhouettes.  They looked so easy, I decided to try and make my own.  

First take profile pictures of your subjects:



 They look a little like mug shots. 

Enlarge photos to an 8x10 size and print in black and white on regular printer paper.  Staple a sheet of tracing paper on top of the paper.  Trace along the outline with a pencil.  Detach your tracing paper and staple it to a piece of black card stock.  Cut around the traced outline with sharp scissors or an x-acto knife. 

I used spray adhesive to glue these to scrapbook paper:


If you're going to make more than one silhouette, stack the traced outlines on top of each other before cutting.  That way you can ensure they are basically the same size and the angles around the neck line up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment