Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentine's Day Prep

We will be celebrating Valentine's Day on both Sunday and Monday here at the Hahn house.  I went ahead and set out some little gifts for the boys to discover Sunday morning.  I didn't want them to have ten minutes of enjoying them on Monday before ripping them out of their tiny hands to get them ready for school.  Been there, done that, not doing it again.

In preparation for the school Valentine's Day party on Monday, I've been looking at blogs for recipe inspiration.  My friend Shelley who writes for the Dallas Examiner wrote an article on homemade Valentine's Day ideas and included an idea for heart shaped Rice Krispie treats.  Perfect for 3 year olds!  I also came across a few other ideas...

Brownie Covered Oreos from hello, good gravy!



Powdered Sugar Party Mix from Prudent Baby


Sugar Sandwich Cookies from The Food Network


And one of my favorite recipes (not for 3 year olds, but for me):

Chocolate dipped strawberries 

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
  • 3 tablespoons heavy cream
  • 12 long-stemmed strawberries
Directions
Melt the chocolate and cream together in a bowl set over simmering water until just melted. Stir and remove from the heat. Dip each strawberry in the chocolate and set aside on waxed or parchment paper to dry.


For some reason I also signed up to bring "red jigglers".  I think that involves Jello and cookie cutters. Should be an interesting day in the kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment