Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Recipes for Kids

The boys are supposed to bring a snack to share with their preschool class next week.  Last time I sent pretzel crackers and string cheese--boring!  They always come home with tales of the exciting snack they had at school ... homemade pumpkin muffins and trail mix with nuts, pretzels, peanut butter chips, and raisins.  Last week somebody brought a snack that coordinated with the letter of the week (M - muffins and melon).  I decided I needed to step it up a little.

I was browsing blogs this morning for ideas and came across some great recipes for kids.  I wouldn't necessarily bring any of these for a preschool snack (well ... maybe the mini pop-tarts), but they looked delicious enough to share.

Pop-tart Pops





Aren't these tiny pop-tarts on a stick adorable?  They are made with real cherries, but you could substitute any fruit.  I can't wait to make them.   You can find the recipe on Babble

Eggs in a Cup


My kids love eggs and I think they would love this recipe.  There is even a little piece of prosciutto under the egg.  I found this recipe on my new favorite blog, Sweet Paul.


Strawberry Milkshake

 
This is also from Sweet Paul.  It's a strawberry milkshake with marshmallow halves stuck to the inside of the glass.  My boys would love this.  

If you have a minute, check out Paul's blog, Sweet Paul.  His photos are amazing and his latest digital magazine is completely focused on kids.   



No comments:

Post a Comment