Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Graphic Tees

I love cute graphic tees for kids.  J Crew and Gap have some cute ones for little kids, but unless you can find them on sale, they're a little pricey.  I picked up some $5 t-shirts from Target, fabric dye from Hobby Lobby and iron-on letters from HL as well.  You can also grab a plain light colored t-shirt from your kid's closet and dye it a darker color.  


I used a pearl grey color dye, which actually turned out really well.  Just follow the directions on the package.  I only soaked the shirts in the dye for five minutes.  Then wash and dry your shirt.  Carefully peel off the letters you intend to use (they tear very easily), and iron on.  

A nod to one of my favorite movies from the 80's:


Since it's difficult to find good band t-shirts in a size 4T:


I wouldn't normally have them wear them on the same day.  I think that would scream, "my mom made these".    












2 comments:

  1. These are so great. I am going to copy fo sho. I never thought to do it for kids but back when Martha was in prison I made one for myself that said "free Martha". I still have the leftover letters, I will now think of something whitty for Tucker to say with only the letters I have on hand.

    ReplyDelete