Thursday, May 26, 2011

Tropical Smoothie

Last weekend one of my pregnant girlfriends shared that she had the most amazing virgin pina colada while she was in Hawaii.  I'm not going to Hawaii any time soon and it was 11:00 am when I was reminded of her story and started dreaming of pina coladas.  The boys and I came up with our own version and called it a smoothie.  Here's what you need:


I realize pina coladas don't have bananas in them.  I just threw one in for nutritional value. 
(recipe below)


Throw it all in the blender...


Blend 20 seconds or until smooth...


Future pina colada lovers:





Tropical Smoothie Recipe

1 cup of fresh or canned pineapple
1 ripe banana sliced 
1/3 cup of plain or vanilla yogurt
1 cup of Vanilla flavored coconut milk (I used Silk)
1 - 2 cups of ice

Throw everything in a blender and blend 20 seconds or until smooth.  Rum optional.  




No comments:

Post a Comment