Monday, June 20, 2011

The BEST Granola

I first tried this granola at my friend's baby shower a couple of weeks ago.  My friend Jake passed the recipe along to me.  It's Ina Garten's recipe from her book Barefoot Contessa at Home.

Breakfast Fruit Crunch (fruit optional)
1 cup old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats (not instant)
1/2 cup sweetened, shredded coconut
1/2 cup sliced or slivered almonds
3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
2 Tablespoons honey

Preheat oven to 350.  Toss everything in a large bowl and toss until they are completely combined.  Pour onto a sheet pan and bake, stirring occasionally with a metal spatula until the mixture turns an even golden brown, usually 15 - 20 minutes.  Remove granola from oven, scrape pan with spatula to loosen and allow to cool.  Store for up to 2 weeks in a sealed container.

This is what you will end up with:


Want a closer look?



Yes, that's blue yogurt under there.  It's cotton candy or some other nutritious flavor.





2 comments:

  1. Oh I love Barefoot Contessa AND homemade granola. Next you need to try her Banana crunch muffins. Ridiculously delicious! There are only 4 sticks of butter in there. I said delicious, not healthy :) I'll have to try her granola.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks yummy. I am addicted to adding granola to my routine morning yogurt on the way to work. (pumpkin is my favorite!)

    ReplyDelete