Monday, June 13, 2011

Photography Effects




  

One of my former neighbors and friends inquired about the photography effects I used in this post.  All of the pictures with the effects were taken with my iphone through the Hipstamatic app.  I talked about Hipstamatic in this post.  Hipstamatic is currently exclusive to the iphone and can be purchased for $1.99 through the app store.  Here's a breakdown of the film and lenses I used for each photo:

lens: Kaimal Mark II
film: Kodot XGrizzled
flash: off
lens: Jimmy
film: Ina's 1969
flash: off
lens: John S
film: Ina's 1969
flash: off

I have had so much fun with that app.  If you don't have an iphone, there's another easy option for interesting photo effects.  My mom introduced me to Picnik a couple of months ago.  It's a great online tool for editing photos.  You can use the free version or upgrade for $24/year (I think) for more editing options.  Here's the original photo I loaded into Picnik:


And here are a few different versions I came up with using Picnik (the effect name is under the picture):

1960's
Cross Process
I gave the boys a tan in this picture and whitened their teeth.  Just wanted you to know everything it was capable of.
Add text and a border. 
Holga-ish

Lomo-ish


4 comments:

  1. I love the photo effects. They give you lots of ways to be more creative with your photos. Of course it helps if you have adorable models!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you soooo much for the post! I've got to get this app! Come back and see us soon k?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I downloaded the app but have a few follow up questions. Email coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete