Thursday, June 2, 2011

Watermelon Pops

I made a $4.95 mistake at the grocery store yesterday.  I bought a watermelon that looked great on the outside, but was really mushy on the inside.  This is how it looked:


I ended up giving a bite to the boys and they loved it.  One even said, "you really picked a good one, mom."  I guess they don't know what good watermelon is supposed to taste like yet.  So this watermelon wasn't a total loss.  I ended up using a melon baller on the not so mushy parts.  I took the mushy parts and put them in a colander with a bowl underneath.


Seeds and all went into the colander.   


I squeezed all of the mushy parts and this is what came out:

                            

I poured it into popsicle molds:





Freeze overnight...



I still had some juice leftover and had a little watermelon cocktail.  Okay, this was a virgin, but it probably would have been even more delicious with a little vodka.  Watermelon juice sounds weird, but it was actually tasty.      




No comments:

Post a Comment