Sunday, July 3, 2011

A Monogram for the Mantel

I came across a tutorial for framed monogram art on Jones Design Company.  I've been looking for something to add to my mantel and thought this might fit the bill:


Here's mine:


Here's the link on how she did hers.  I made mine pretty much the same way, except I didn't use stamps for my "est. 2005".  I cheated.  I don't trust myself with stamps.  I downloaded Traveling_Typewriter font from dafont and printed out my text on beige scrapbook paper.  I used Amy Butler scrapbook paper for my "H" and ripped off (literally) the metal book plate from one of those picture boxes.  Emily said she found hers at at a craft store in the scrapbook section.  The Michael's in my town doesn't carry them. Desperate times called for desperate measures.  


Here it is on the mantel:

No comments:

Post a Comment