Monday, October 3, 2011

Art Display and a Map

The boys bring home cute art projects from school.  With two kids in preschool and three new projects coming home a week, our refrigerator was getting cluttered.  I found a new way to display them on pinterest.  Another girl had a similar problem and came up with this solution:




Open frames spray painted the same color with a ribbon attached to display art.  So cheap and easy!  Plus it takes care of decorating a wall that was once empty.  I decided to take it a step farther and add something else to the wall.  The boys have been asking about where certain places are lately ... Colorado, Texas, China (not sure where that came from).  I decided it was time for a wall map.  I bought a poster of a world map at Michael's and a canvas that was the same size.  I painted the sides of the canvas gray and used Mod Podge to affix the posted to the canvas.  I then put five coats or so of MP over the poster so it wrapped around the canvas (and protected it from 4 year old fingers).


I hung it at the eye level of a 4 year old. 


It didn't come out quite as perfect as I imagined (there are a few bubbles under there), but it is serving its purpose.  The boys love trying to learn the names of countries and states.  


P.S. - Thanks for all the comments and emails about my friend's surgery.  Her tumor came back benign and she is back at home recovering with her baby.  All good things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment