Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Great Pumpkin - A New Tradition

We started a new tradition in the Hahn house this year.  It's called the Great Pumpkin.  After trick-or-treating, I gave each boy a ziplock baggie.  They could fill it with as much candy as they wanted, as long as it zipped.  Then we took the rest of the candy (a grocery bag full) and put it out on the back porch for the Great Pumpkin.  The Great Pumpkin visited us that night.  He took the candy and left a Cars 2 DVD for the boys.  The candy then went to Steve's office and was out of our house.  


Here's a shot of the boys and their preschool class on Halloween.  


Just before trick-or-treating with our neighbor Baby Stella. 



And a flashback to 1981, maybe?  My brother and me and Batman and Robin.

3 comments:

  1. Did you make the boys' costumes?? They are SO cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am pissed I did not know about the great pumpkin...we are in candy hell!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a GREAT idea! I will have to try that one next year. I can still get away with just getting rid of it. They haven't even asked for their trick or treat bags. Cute costumes!

    ReplyDelete