Friday, January 27, 2012

A Few More Favorites

Yesterday I realized there are several other products I discovered last year that should have been included in the previous post.  Here they are:


L'Oreal's Sulfate-Free line.  I use the one for really badly damaged overly processed hair.  After using it for a month, I went to see my stylist and she said, "Your hair feels so much better, what have you been using?"  I kid you not, that really happened.  

From the same line the Overnight Repair Treatment.  I don't use this often enough, but love it when I do.  It's not greasy and doesn't leave a residue on your pillow.  


Kevin Murphy Powder Puff - My hair gal talked me into buying this product.  It's a fine powder that you rub into your roots after your hair is dry to give it volume.  It gives my hair texture that no other product has given it before.  It's a little pricey for the size ($28 on Amazon), but a little bit goes a long way.


Olay Professional Cleansing System - I have heard from several friends how much they love Clarisonic's  cleansing brushes, but I wasn't ready to spend $100+ on something like this.  I saw this one at Target for under $30 and decided to give it a try.  I LOVE IT!  I keep it in the shower and use it every day. 


Eucerin Everyday Protection Face Lotion, SPF 30 - I used to wear Neutrogena sunscreen under makeup and I always felt that it irritated my skin.  This lotion is so mild and non-irritating.  Plus, it's under $8 at drugstore.com.




Harney & Sons Hot Cinnamon Sunset Tea - I discovered this tea during a visit to the Woodhouse Day Spa.  They serve it just before you go back for your massage.  It's a black tea that has a strong apple cinnamon taste and requires no sweetener.  It's $6.99 for twenty tea bags on drugstore.com.


I was so disappointed in the last season of Dexter and was happy that Revenge could take its place on the DVR.  Isn't this the best new show?  I love Amanda Clark  Emily Thorne and everything she has up her sleeve.  I still have a slight addiction to the Bachelor, even though I think Ben is kind of a weenie.  


Pop Secret Homestyle - I love to eat this while watching Revenge.  I did talk about making popcorn in the microwave in a paper sack here.  And we still do that most of the time.  But when you want popcorn that REALLY tastes amazing ... try this homestyle variety.  You're welcome. 


The Hunger Games Series - I'm reading the second book in the series and I'm hooked.  I think it's written on an 8th grade reading level (which is about where I'm at), so it's a quick read.  I can't wait to see the Hunger Games movie in March.  








1 comment:

  1. I love all of these favorites post! LOVE revegne! LOVE the hunger games {can't wait for the movie} and I will be giving a few of your recs a try!

    ReplyDelete