Friday, January 20, 2012

Pillows and Subway Art

I just finished two projects that I started while in Austin for Christmas.  The first was a pillow project that I have been trying to craft for a few months now.  I wanted to cut letters out of felt and applique the negative onto a pillow.  My Cricut won't cut felt and there is no way I could hand cut the letters.  My brother offered up his laser cutter and here is the result:






I know, enough with the chevron.

He also helped me create some subway art with my SIL's new Black Cat machine.  It's similar to a Cricut or Silhouette, but it's about five times bigger and can do so much more.  I ripped off  was inspired to do this project from the House of Smiths blog.  I followed Shelley's instructions and and this is how it turned out:


You can find her post about it here.  The address I used are all of the places that Steve and I have lived together ... starting with our first apartment in Dallas to the four houses we have owned in less than seven years of marriage.  One of these days we will live in a house for longer than two years.

We have a shallow nook by our bedroom that this guy will fit into perfectly.


And by the way, Target is now selling upholstered chairs covered in Thomas Paul fabric.  I nearly fell out of my chair when I saw these.  They are under $250 and just adorable.  You can check this one out here.  













2 comments:

  1. OMG! I'll take one of each!! Adorable!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh girl, I absolutely love those pillows. Are you able to make more? How much? They are beautiful!!!!!!
    I love the address word art too, and, would like one of those too. How much? :-)

    ReplyDelete