Friday, February 24, 2012

Mardi Gras in Kansas

It was Landon's turn to bring a snack to his preschool class on Wednesday.  Since it's the week of Mardi Gras, I convinced him to go with a Mardi Gras themed snack.  He had a look of confusion on his face until I showed a picture of a King Cake online.  Then he was immediately on board with the idea.  I found a recipe for mini King Cakes on Pinterest using refrigerated french bread dough.  You can find the recipe here.  It called for colored sugar for the top and our grocery store does not carry yellow or purple sprinkles, so we made our own.  You can find that recipe here.

Here's how ours turned out:


Aren't they cute?  They're so easy and tasty too.






2 comments:

  1. These are so great!! You are leaving me in your super crafty dust girl! I read your blog every day and love knowing what you are doing. Keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these. I'm sure they were a big hit with all of the kids. Will have to try these too.

    ReplyDelete