Thursday, October 25, 2012

Fall Recipes

I've been trying out some recipes that I came across on Pinterest recently.  Some were yays and some were nays.  Here's what I've been up to in the kitchen:



This was good, nothing special though.  I had high hopes because the picture looks so darn good.  I'll probably make it again, but it didn't knock my socks off.



I liked this soup recipe better than the tortilla soup.  It good--not too heavy, and the boys loved it.  



This is by far one of my favorite new recipes.  It's not heathy at all, but that's why it tastes so darn good!  The flavors are amazing and the bacon actually comes out crispy.  It's from one of my favorite food blogs, How Sweet It Is.  



Another favorite in our house!  Just omit the jalapenos in the kid's chicken.  Serve this with the green beans and you have an amazing meal.  You are welcome.



These were not a hit with our family.  I should have threaded the sausage on one skewer and the veggies on the other.  They cooked unevenly and the kids weren't really a fan of the bbq sauce on the veggies.  Nay to this one.



This recipe uses greek yogurt as a base for the sauce.  It tasted better than it looked.  I wouldn't serve this for company (just based on the weird texture), but my kids ate it and seemed to like it.  If I made it again, I would probably cut back on the amount of yogurt and substitute in just a little heavy cream instead.  

Baked Salmon


Have I posted about this salmon yet?  I can't remember.  There's no link for this one, just do up your salmon or other fish like this, wrap in foil, bake at 300 for 25 minutes.  I love this for when it's too chilly outside for grilling.  The entire family loved their salmon like this (what's not to love with butter on top?).



Steve and I liked this one but the kids thought it was too spicy (even with mild buffalo wing sauce). 

I have been pinning tons of sweet things, so I'll try to tackle one of those recipes next.  I strongly encourage you to try the bacon wrapped green beans and jalapeno popper chicken.  You won't be sorry!








1 comment:

  1. More people should do this - I love reviews of Pinterest recipes! It helps you decide whether or not to make the effort, lol. :)

    ReplyDelete