Sunday, October 21, 2012

Vacation

Earlier this month my mom came to Kansas to watch the boys and Steve and I took an amazing vacation to Napa Valley with our friends Kylie and Trey.  We had the most amazing time!  We stayed in a house in Calistoga and spent a day visiting wineries, one at the spa (while the boys golfed), and one in San Francisco.  Here are some of the highlights of our trip:

I have NEVER finished a crossword before in my life.  I may have had a little help from Steve, but not much.  This was a very proud moment for me.


This is the view from our house in Calistoga.  It was so secluded and beautiful.  


Kylie and I spent the day at Spa Solage.  This picture does not do it justice.


Our first stop on the wine trail was at Reverie.  We all took turns mashing grapes.  Okay, they didn't call it mashing ... I had a lot to drink that day.  Not sure what Steve was doing in this pic...






Our wine guide was great and we all loved this winery.  


Then we visited Duck Horn.  Steve is trying to photo bomb this picture of Kylie and me.  


The last winery of the day was Frog's Leap.  The grounds were beautiful!


We spent Sunday in San Francisco.  We rode a cable car and visited the Golden Gate.  It was very touristy of us, but fun!  We also ate some great seafood and drank more wine!!  



After sampling $50+ dollar bottles of wine, I thought it would be hard to go back to my $10 bottle that we drink at home.  Ummm ... not a problem at all!  Steve and I shared a bottle last night and it went down just fine!  We had so much fun on this trip and with Kylie and Trey.  It makes me want to start planning our next trip!

1 comment:

  1. Troy and I went back in May and loved it. I can't wait to go back - Napa is such a fun and relaxing place! Glad you guys had a great time! After hearing from you and Kylie, I'm putting Reverie on my list for our next visit!

    ReplyDelete