Thursday, November 15, 2012

An evening with Newt

Steve and I spent Wednesday night with the former Speaker of the House and about 200 other people.  The neat thing about the event was this:



Do you see the butter?  It's shaped like a Jayhawk.  That was pretty cool.  And it was also neat that the place card next to Steve's was Newt Gingrich's.

Steve got up and said a few words before dinner.  He was told that he would have to speak about five minutes before he went on.  He always manages to pull together some great remarks.


Then he gave Newt some political advice.  Just kidding, I think they were talking sports.  


That's my hand in the bottom left side of the picture.  That's about as close as I got to him all throughout dinner.  I even read his entire Wiki page and watched him on the view on Monday to prepare.

When I finally got my moment alone, all I did was tell him a joke.  And I think he liked it.  


He spoke later in the evening about his thoughts on the election and his new book.  He's an interesting man and very intelligent.  This will possibly be our Christmas card this year, because we never ever meet anyone famous.  Like ever.  Taylor Swift is overplayed on the radio here, if you couldn't tell.









2 comments:

  1. Fun night....I am so privileged to be close friends with such important people. Also, if you think Taylor Swift is overplayed in your car you should try having a 3 year old girl that is going on 13...seriously like ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Y'all are big time. And you really could not be funnier. Miss you like crazy :(

    ReplyDelete