Friday, November 30, 2012

Thanksgiving and Things

First of all, if you subscribe to my blog and just received one from 2011, I'm sorry!  I don't know how that happened.  It just did.

Second, Happy Belated Thanksgiving!  We had a very laid back Thanksgiving in Kansas.  My mom came up for a visit and we just hung around the house, shared viruses, and did some shopping.  Normal family holiday stuff.  Here are some highlights:




We visited Legoland in Kansas City and we all had such a fun time!


My mom and the boys with her pink and purple creation


At Crown Center with larger than life Lego creations.

Just before Thanksgiving I received my first Birchbox.  I was so excited to get it!  If you're not familiar with it, Birchbox is a monthly subscription to beauty products.  It's $10 a month and you can cancel at any time.  This was my first box and I love it.  If you're interested in joining, please use the link below so I can get points:



My box had a SOYJOY bar, full size mascara (which I really liked), nail polish, hair powder (also really liked), and a perfume sample.  It's a fun surprise in the mail and there's also a men's version for the metro man in your life.  

One last thing - I finished up two books recently that I would recommend.  I read Emily Giffin's Where We Belong (Something Borrowed author).  I don't normally read chick lit, but this one held my attention and there was a plot twist I didn't see coming.  It was cute and very easy reading.  I also finished Bossy Pants by Tina Fey.  I loved this book!  I was laughing out loud the entire time.  I just picked up Gone Girl and Safe Haven (have to read them before the movies come out!).  

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!



No comments:

Post a Comment